Friday October 31st 2014

Insider

Archives

Top 5 Bob Dylan Love Songs

Bob Dylan LiveLove is a lot like a musician and their guitar, looks easy on the outside but incredibly complicated from within. There are different chords to play sometimes you just hit the wrong note, and sometimes you hit the right note. Who better to play the notes of Love than Mr. Zimmerman or how you may know him, Bob Dylan.

Here is a list of Bob Dylan’s top five love songs.

#5 is “She Belongs To Me” from Bringing It All Back Home is about being so madly in love that you would do just about anything for that person. They may be out of your league, but you’d do anything to get their attention, even steal a few things.

#4 is “‘Til I Fell In Love With You” from Time Out of Mind. This particular track is about leading a normal life until you meet that special someone who just seems to turn everything upside down. Suddenly you realize, your routine has gone out the window.

#3 is the duet Dylan did with Johnny Cash, “Girl From The North Country” off of his Nashville Skyline album. This song is about the kind of love you wish on an ex-lover after it hasn’t worked out. I’m not talking about anger, it’s about wishing love and happiness on your former loved one. For some people, it’s possible.

#2 is “Love Sick” from the Time Out of Mind. This song spins love into a twisted state of depression. Things didn’t work out with what you thought was going to be your soul mate and now you can’t get them out of your head. It’s stopped you from eating and caring about anything, all you want is them back.

Coming in first as the best Bob Dylan love song, comes from the Blonde on Blonde

flickr: badosa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Reader Feedback

10 Responses to “Top 5 Bob Dylan Love Songs”

1. Andrew says:

Great list. Black Diamond Bay is another great Dylan tune.

2. Kristle Fido says:

This is a incredible post, im happy I discovered this. Ill be back again in the future to check out other posts that you have on your blog.

3. Ruby says:

Your video doesn’t play anymore, so I can only imagine that it’s “I Want You”..

4. manuel says:

‘Sara’ is a great love song too.

5. Troy says:

Nobody ‘cept you is another great one.

6. Lala says:

Fine list, but not true, if you ask me.

What about a whole album called Blood on The Tracks? All the song on that one are beautiful love songs.

And what about Sad Eyed Lady of The Lowlands? What about Sara?

7. Well. Blood On The Tracks is not a love album. Not at all.
    It’s a love-and-hate album, and that does not come here. The only-love songs in the album is “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go”, and it does not deserve a spot in the 5 best love songs.
    I agree with number 1. Best poetry ever seen to love. I’d still put “Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands” and “Love Minus Zero Over No Limit”. But still: solid and great list

8. Auyon Dylan says:

Just like a woman deserves a spot too, so does ‘Boots of Spanish Leather’, and ‘Make You Feel My Love’

9. Melissa says:

I cant believe ‘Lay Lady Lay’ has not been mentioned

10. Shane Leuthold says:

The best is “abandoned love”. The live version from 1975. Don’t believe me. Go listen for yourself.